Friday 1 August 2008

Snow Time - Queenstown, New Zealand

We have arrived in New Zealand and our first stop was Queenstown and it didn't disappoint this was our first glimpse, not bad hey?

As you can tell the bikinis and boardies are all packed away and I'm sorry to say its all winter woollies from now on !! It was now time to hit the slopes and try to snowboard...come on!!!!

I know, I know we look really cool...HA!HA! It was bloody freezing but great fun!!!

Here is me trying out a few moves...on the magic carpet, I know but a girl has to practice!!!



What about this then? It was closely followed by a big bump nobody told us it hurt this much we have so many bruises it's just wrong.

Here is my wonderful husband and yeah he got the whole snowboarding thing very quickly however come the end I was giving him a run for his money.If you believe that you will believe anything!!


This was much more me tubing...lying in a big rubber ring and getting pushed down a hill, awesome.

I had to put this picture on..check out the size of this burger, it was as big as Mike's head. I had a standard half the size of his and he still finished his before me!!! Also the name of the burger was BIG AL,(gods honest truth) enough said!!! Love you Al xx

To get over all the aches and pain we did take a day off from the snow and had the most awesome day. It started with us getting all wrapped up and going for a spin quite literally within inches of sharp rocks in the Shot Over Jet. It was minus 18 on the water!!! Brrrrrr


We then had a helicopter ride to the top of the gondola....it was only 10-15 minutes but it was the best. I felt like a cross between a celebrity and secret agent!!!!HA!HA! love it!

The day ended with us having races down the luge and and finally making our way back down the gondola.


We have had the most awesome time in Queenstown and so much fun. We may even hit the slopes again as we travel around.Its time for us to hit the road again and we are getting another camper again. I just hope it comes with electric blankets brrrrrr

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get in there 1st again!!! Just like Kitto. That burger looks lovely apart from the mussy pea's. It might be as big as mikes head but it doesnt have the ears. It brings back some amazing memories, ive got to say Queenstown was our favouite place, i really could settle down there. But in all the above pictures i still cant see one of you both doing a bungee jump. Hope Buzzer2 (woody) serves you like Buzzer and drive safely and dont go speeding because you will get a ticket like me, a massive £4.5 fine!!! x x x Leeroy & Ange x

Anonymous said...

Hi Son and daughter-in-law,

New Zealand certainly looks stunning, where are the photos of your hotpools up in the mountains? That sounded spectacular. Weather has been awful, I think we've had our Summer in one week, still busy though which is good. Ry - Allen wants to know if he needs to start practising his toastmaster routine again, as you are son No. 2, and the wedding is now planned (about time!)- you might need him to make sure everything goes without a hitch and also he puts on a good show with his hanky! Leeroy - son No. 3, why don't you have a double wedding with Ry and Ness?

Mike, we went to see Mamma Mia last night, very corny but did'nt stop laughing, a good cheer you up film! Especially when you're missing your son and daughter-in-law!

Love you lots
Mum and Dadxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

HELLO ALL, COWHEAD HERE, I THINK THESE ARE THE BEST PICS TO DATE, SUPERB, DAN YOU LOOK GOOD AND MIKE I KNOW YOU'RE MY BEST MATE BUT WHEN I LOOK AT ALL I THINK IS THAT YOU ARE A GEEK!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
MISSING YA BOTH LOADS.
BIG AL AS THE TOAST MASTER SOUNDS A GOOD IDEA AS NOW HES MY NEW DAD!!
AND I WANT TO SEE HIM CRY AGAIN{WHAT A WUSS}
THE DATE FOR OUR WEDDING IS............. TO BE DECIDED!!
CHEERS TO ONE AND ALL SPEAK SOON LOVE COWHEAD AND NESS X X
WHERES THE PICS OF YOUR NEW VAN LIKE YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO DO FOR ME???? COME ON!!!
SEE YA MY TRAVELLING FRIENDS

Anonymous said...

Can I just say, reading all the comments left by your male friends crack me up. I completely agree with mummy King about mamma mia.We went friday to a full house and everyone was singing,dancing and clapping. Really is a feel good movie so if you get the chance go see it. Your photos as ever are amazing and you look so right together. See us girls say nothing nasty or bring up Mikes huge ears. Keep having fun, look after yourselves and good luck with the next buzzer.xx

Anonymous said...

I did try and boycott this blog following your decision to be turncoats but I just can't help it something keeps drawing me to look at it! Damn it!! NZ looks well cool - dont think I would be liking the snowboarding though having my feet stuck to a board does not seem right to me! Am glad you did it Dan - perhaps you are not so weak! ha ha! Am loving the warm clothes think it looks really cosy. I thought the jet thing was really brave of you - but I actually thought it was a JET plane! Doh!? Ry had his op so you will be glad to know you don't need to come back to pay your respects! He went yellow and threw up everywhere but apart from that he seems fine! He now has a metal bolt in his wrist so he is gonna set off the alarms at airports/ shops etc! Could delay the move into the house though as he's gonna be in plaster for 6 -7 weeks! Gutted. We are off camping at weekend - will miss you two beer buddies but am sure the fab four will just about cope drinking your share! Just going to count my dresses for the cruise you two losers organised and are now not going on! Oh and nearly forgot the wedding is booked at last - June 2010! See ya then! Love from me in a mood xxx ps X Factor starts on Saturday - who am I gonna watch that with now???